Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Night Before the Opener



Twas the night before the opener, when all through the house
Gatorade showers were flowing, everybody got doused;


The jerseys were hung in the closet with care,
Hoping Lucas and Michelle soon would wear;


Two bloggers were nestled snug in their beds,
While visions of touchbacks danced in their heads;


And Lucas in his Brady jersey, and I in my Packers cap,
Had just settled down to dream of the first snap;


When from the tv there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter;


Away to Sportscenter I flew like a flash,
For the television remote I did dash;


The reflection of the screen and the way it did glow,
Gave the luster of day to the field of Lambeau;


When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a forecast prediction for the game of the year;


With an NFL insider, so lively and quick,
I knew his winner, John Clayton had picked!


More rapid than Jennings his predictions came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;


"Now Rodgers! now, Matthews! now, Raji and Clifton!
On Woodson! on Driver! on, Nelson and Sitton!


To the top of the first, control that ball!
Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"


As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky;


So up to the top the Packers they flew,
With a team full of vets, and rookies too;


And then, in a twinkling, I had my proof,
And lingering doubts vanished in a poof:


As I drew my conclusion, I checked around,
I found some concurrence and knew it was sound;


I then could exclaim, with Gameday in sight,
"The Packers will beat the Saints tonight!"


Our first prediction: Packers over Saints


- Lucas and Michelle


(Psst - This is our first post! Check out our About Us page, and pardon our appearance as we fine-tune the design. We wanted to be up and running by the season opener! Any questions? Email us at twoptconversion (at) gmail (dot) com. Now ... are you ready for some football?!)


[Image via]

2 comments:

  1. Prepare to be owned in fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have a Fantasy Feature, but Lucas is afraid you're going to use the information as ammo against him. #paranoidfantasyfootballplayer
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete